Happy Fall to All!
Fall is the perfect time for many things.
- Pumpkin Spiced Everything
- Picking Up Dead Leaves
- …Jumping into Dead Leaves
- Cozy Sweaters
- Being Outside …
And celebrating! At Capra Strategy, we are Wayfinders. This fall, we are here to help you find your way to celebrating. After all, that’s what fall is all about. Flavors, colors, harvest, spice, & fun. This weekend, head on down to the Finger Lakes and sample some of the region’s best at:
- Enjoy the scenery. (And bring cash.)
- Wear your walking shoes.
- Be a local-vore.
- Stop by the yard sales.
- Get in the gift frame-of-mind.
1. Naples is only a 45 minute drive, or so, from Rochester city center. But. No matter where you drive from on your way to Naples, NY for the Naples Grape Festival … you will encounter traffic. No worries! You already know. There’s no snow (… yet …), so enjoy! Pop in your favorite music, enjoy the picturesque views, and you’ll find the perfect parking before you know it. (Just bring some cash so you can pay: $5 – no more than $10 should do.) If you plan to make a weekend of it – browse & book using the Finger Lakes Bed & Breakfast Association website.
2. It’s a festival! That means exercise, in the best of ways. You are outdoors and traipsing from tent to yard sale to tent. It’s perfect for exploring and for people watching, but neither is fun without the right shoes. Riding boots or combat boots will do. Sneakers always work wonders. Trail sandals or any sandal with support is also a go. Goats have pretty solid hooves that can scale bare-faced mountains so, take it from us: abstain from heels.
3. Welcome to the Finger Lakes! A cornucopia of locally grown and made food. Eat the apples. Try the grape pie. Grab a cup of Finger Lakes coffee. Stop inside the wineries and check-out the wine tasting tent. Go for craft brewed beers, should you see them. Sample every single local cheese you can find … or sniff-out. Pick up the last of your summer produce. Yes to anything canned! Even the goods & wares you find are treasures. When you’re at Naples Grape Festival, you’re loco-for-local.
4. They’re everywhere, and they’re not to be ignored. Some of the best vintage jewelry has been purchased here. (I know, personally.) It’s also fun to chat with the people if you–or if they–have a moment. Great opportunity to find their favorite haunts for your next trip down. And don’t just ask about wineries! Ask about the wines. Most Finger Lakes wineries now specialize in more than 1 varietal, or are beginning to experiment with more. Find the local point of view and really begin to make The Finger Lakes your own.
5. Listen. At Capra Strategy, we’re not into premature seasons. You know … Valentine’s Day cards in November. (Hopefully we didn’t just tip-off some ideas.) But, we are ones for planning ahead and being aware. The balance between staying in-the-moment and looking ahead can be attained. We promise. Here is the opportunity to practice! Think: who do you know who loves wine? Who do you know who loves regional and local goods? Keep these people in mind as you walk the streets of Naples, NY this weekend. Worse case scenario?? You buy a well-intended bottle of wine for your very dear friend and … yikes, you drink it ahead of time. Or, try this! You come across an incredible artisan, but you just aren’t sure. Grab his or her card, and keep the gift in mind! At least now that you’ve thought ahead, and you have the name close at-hand.
Most important thing to keep in mind this fall??
Celebrate & Celebrate S’More
Harvest the fruits of your fun and … let us know what you do this weekend! Hopefully, it has to do with grapes & pie.
Thanks for helping to show us the way!