Fear is a paralyzing thing and when you worry that your content is weak you don’t publish. When you don’t publish you can’t help support what your business’ online presence is really for. Here are five signs that your content is weak:
- If you read your own blog posts and you’re not nodding or smiling: It’s weak. Great content is about engagement and engagement is about emotion – if your content doesn’t bring out ANY emotion in you….it’s probably not doing much for your reader.
- It’s laced with errors. Grammatical, spelling, incomplete thoughts mid-sentence. The best way to avoid this one is to save your work – let it sit for 15 minutes or a day and then read it again with fresh eyes.
- There is nothing to DO with it. Like it, love it, hate it, comment, click. LET there be SOMETHING to do with it.
- You used 500 words – you needed 15. Fluff has a place online….but is it on your site?
- You don’t provide a unique viewpoint. If you’re recycling content from other sites/thought leaders, you need to at least put your own spin on it. Add value, or your reader will find it somewhere else.
Once you’ve made sure that your content is strong, you can be confident in publishing it and take full advantage of your burgeoning online presence. Strong content = strong business!