So this happened the other day:
I’m at a local coffee shop – a business associate introduces me to another business associate. That associate upon hearing what my specialty is says “We barely even have a website – why do we have to be on peoples phones?” To which I asked him to look around. Out of the twenty-three people there only three people lacked a visible mobile device and two of those people were working behind the counter. I asked “Are these people your target customers?” To which he replied “they sure are”. THAT is why you need to have a mobile friendly site.
Does everyone need a mobile site? No. If you’re in one of these five businesses it’s only going to become MORE important…
- Restaurant – When the question comes up of ‘What should we have for dinner’ you want your business to be accessible and flattering on their mobile device.
- Any Retailer – If you have a destination that people need to find you need to have a mobile site so people actively trying to get to you can and easily. Start your brand engagement from their first left turn.
- Realtor – Your signage is all over town, and while that’s great, trends show a decline in people picking up the phone and calling – how can you be accessible 24/7 and right in front of your clients dream house? On their mobile device, that’s how.
- Health Providers – Research from Forbes at the close of 2012 showed that 31% of people are looking for Health & Medical Information from their mobile device.
- Artist – Someone sees a piece of your art out in the world. They want to find you. They want to share it’s beauty with all of the people they’ve ever met and friended on Facebook. Let them. And make it easy.